Sunday 5 January 2014

It's been a While...

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything on here! December was crazy with the kids wrapping up school before Christmas and having every weekend in December busy. I was also sick every weekend in December. I have been trying out some recipes from Pinterest and thought that I would share some that I have really loved

Here are some of the recipes I've tried
-The Pioneer Woman's Potato Salad, I don't even like potato salad, but this I loved!
-The Pioneer Woman's Onion Blue-Cheese Sauce, this was everything I hoped it was going to be! We had steaks from the BBQ, this sauce, lobster tail, mushrooms and the mentioned above potato salad, oh and this focaccia! The focaccia is so quick and easy, the kids ate it up in no time. I don't have a stand mixer so I put in my food processor.
- I also tried this homemade artisan bread, again it was so simple to make
- Rachael Rays Swedish sailors beef is another delicious recipe. I use eye of round steaks that I halve.
- This shrimp enchilada recipe is to die for! There are a lot of steps, but it's totally worth it!

I have also made some cheese potatoes recently but forgot to take a picture. They are a recipe that my dad used to make whenever he made BBQ chicken. It was recently his birthday and in his memory, we had these potatoes with BBQ chicken, the artisan bread mentioned above and lemon meringue pie.

Cheese Potatoes
8-10 large potatoes, peeled and slices thin
1 can Campbells cheese and broccoli soup
1 can or Campbells cheddar soup
1 empty can of soup filled with milk
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 tsp salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything, except for 1 cup of cheese, in a roasting pan or large casserole dish. Top the potatoes with the remaining cheese. Cover the potatoes and cook for 1 hour. Stir. Cover again and cook for 30 min-1 hour depending on how soft the potatoes are. Take the lid off for the last 30 min of cooking. Let it sit for 15 ish minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment