Tuesday 7 January 2014

What I Ate Wednesday #18


It's the new year and lots of people are trying to be healthier. I was in a bit of a health slump for the months of November and December. I didn't go to the gym most of November, I think I may have gone twice, and I joined a boot camp at Healthy You Studios. The boot camp was 3x/week. I wanted to make myself go to the gym two of the other days during the week, I never made it. I did wake myself up and get to the boot camp. So January is here and I need to get back in the swing of things. I always feel healthier, physically and mentally and happier when I'm eating well and exercising. I'm not in to making resolutions, they are usually broken, then you feel guilty and disappointed in yourself and that's just not okay. So I'm getting back on track, i have been making it to the gym at least 4 days a week and planning and preparing my meals again. So here's what I ate yesterday, don't mind the horrible pictures, they are all cell phone pictures

Breakfast
One English muffin, with homemade strawberry jam on one side and natural almond butter and cinnamon on the other, two over easy eggs, two slices of nitrate free bacon and 1/4 avocado and coffee

Lunch
A spring salad with sweet onion dressing and chicken and kale soup (I'll put the recipe up when I take a better picture!)

Then I had a coffee and should have brought a snack to work but I didn't

Supper
 Baked salmon with lemon pepper seasoning and salt, creamy Parmesan sidekick, green beans sauteed in a little butter, lemon pepper seasoning and Maggi seasoning

Then I had a decaf coffee

 Snack
1/2 pear with 1 tsp walnut pieces, 1 tiny square of blue cheese crumbled, 1 tsp honey and 1/4 vanilla fat free greek yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries and a little bit of granola
I would have only had one of these for a snack but I was so hungry, I think because I skipped the earlier snack, so I had both.

Check out some other WIAW's here!


3 comments:

  1. Pear + walnut + blue cheese = heaven! You've just given me my next snack idea ;) Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! This was my first time trying it, I love it!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the chicken and kale soup recipe! Still looks delish despite through the cell phone quality ;) Soup in the wintertime = perfection

    ReplyDelete