Wednesday 13 March 2013

What I Ate Wednesday #8

This week is March break for my kids and I decided to take the week off with them. I didn't prep any food for the week and it was awesome! I didn't have to spend the whole day cooking on Sunday and I get to eat fresh food every time!  I am still trying to stick to eating healthy most of the time and I am making sure to be at the gym even though I'm not working. This is what I ate on Monday, it was leg day! I love leg days and look forward to them then I hate them halfway through the workout every time! They take everything out of me. I know it's greens month and I don't have very much green in my meals. There is no way anything green (unless fruit) is going near my breakfast! I hate vegetables at breakfast time! I did have celery and broccoli though! So here it is!

Breakfast
1 whole egg and 1/4 cup of egg whites, pan fried with Pam, I keep the yolk soft! A coffee and a PC 0% strawberry Greek yogurt and vanilla activia yogurt mixed with 1/2 tbsp of chia and ground flax seeds
After my workout I had a protein shake with 1.5 scoops of protein and 6 oz unsweetened almond milk
Here's the protein I'm using right now. This is my first time using this protein. I don't care for it much and probably won't buy it again. I like to mix my protein with water only and when I tried that it tasted like watered down protein, it was not good. Milk makes it better but I want to eat the calories from the milk not drink them!

Lunch was 3.5 oz of rotisserie chicken breast, 1 serving of old cheddar,  raw veggies and some ranch dip. It was a good lunch. very simple but just what I was needing!

Then I had a coffee

For dinner I had 6oz of oven roasted Steel-head trout seasoned with a little salt, Mrs.Dash original and lemon pepper, 1/2 cup long grain brown rice and 1 cup of broccoli, roasted with lemon pepper and olive oil, oh and 2 tbsp of Horseradish Yogurt Dip!


Then I had more coffee

I also had a Casein protein shake mixed just with water before bed, I'm using Dymatize Chocolate Peanut Butter Casein protein

That's it! Thanks again to Jenn at Peas and Crayons for hosting again!




No comments:

Post a Comment