Tuesday 9 August 2011

Thai Papaya Salad

Papaya salad makes me think back to when I was 13, that was a while ago. I had this friend who is Laos. Her parents used to cook all the time when they knew I was coming. This was one of the things that the cooked and it is so good. It is one of those things again that is great really spicy or not, my husband likes it spicier, me not so much. The papaya is not sweet papaya, it is green, it's picked before it ripens.

Papaya Salad

Ingredients:
1 large green papaya shredded, drain the juice
1 garlic
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp shrimp sauce
1 large tomato
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
juice from 1 lime
2 chili peppers, more if you want it spicier


I started this in a mortar and pestle to create a paste with the chili's, garlic, sugar and shrimp sauce. Then I added it to the small bowl in my food processor and added the tomato, I pureed that, then added fish sauce and gradually added the lime until I liked it. You may need less or more lime same with the fish sauce. Mix the sauce in with the shredded papaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment