Saturday 2 March 2013

Lemon Roasted Potato with Horseradish Yogurt Sauce

I haven't posted in a quite a while. Life has been busy and I was sick. Tonight's dinner was grilled strip loin, garden salad and these potatoes. They are roasted in chicken stock with garlic, lemon and pepper. They are so moist when the come out and have a bit of tart from the lemon. I love the sauce that I made with it. I usually use low fat sour cream but didn't have any so fat free plain Greek yogurt is what I used. I was just as delicious and nobody noticed the difference. I usually make this sauce when I make prime rib, I love it, and so does my youngest son and daughter. If you have never had food BBQ'd on a charcoal grill you are missing out. It is something that you just have to do.

Roasted Potato
6 medium to large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut in half
1 carton of low sodium chicken stock
1 lemon, washed and cut in quarters
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 425F
Place all the potatoes in a single layer in a baking dish. Put all the remaining ingredients. Cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes. Pork with a fork to check if they are done. If the fork doesn't go through, bake longer.

Horseradish Yogurt Sauce
5 tbsp of fat free plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
a pinch of salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit in the fridge at for about 10 minutes in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment